Java Developer – “Inside IR35”
Day Rate: £500 – £550 per day
My Swansea based Central Government Body are recruiting for a number of Java Developers to provide expert experience in building solutions, which will be deployed in Cloud or serverless environments. The implementation of solutions may include elements of design and testing in an agile environment and will be deployed using RESTful webservices that conform to the GDS Service Manual and store data in a variety of stores, both SQL and no-SQL.
The successful engineers will be working within the IT Service Creation delivery team alongside other developers, test engineers, business analysts and the Senior Management team and will be expected to be on site 5 days a week.
In order to be successful you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Proven expertise and knowledge of Java to Java 8
- Demonstrable experience of building RESTful webservices
- Experience of working on projects using open source technology within cloud hosted/virtualised environments; AWS preferred
- Experience of working with Cloud PaaS services
- Demonstrable experience of working with version control systems; Git preferred
- Experience of working within an Agile environment
- Experience of interacting with both SQL and no-SQL data stores.
As this is a government based role SC security clearance is preferred but not essential, BPSS/Disclosure of Scotland will be accepted as a minimum. As mentioned in the job spec this role has been deemed “inside IR35.”
If you would like further information about this role, please contact Sally Rosa on 0161 950 8844 or drop Sally an email here.