My client, a public body, are recruiting a Technical Architect to work with the Schools Commercial Team to help deliver a digital service designed to help schools save money when buying goods and services for their school.
The successful candidate will be joining an existing multi-disciplinary user-focused digital delivery team and helping design and deliver a simple and sustainable service, including considerations for operability.
You will ideally be located with their team in Sheffield but remote working will be considered and the contract could last up to 12 months, however the first statement of work will likely be for 3 months.
In order to be successful you will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Comprehensive and recent experience designing and implementing web-based software systems and/or digital services
- Proven capability in managing technology implementation projects and in presenting to/working with stakeholders at every level of seniority
- Demonstrable track record of successfully taking an evolutionary approach to software architecture
- Experience working on technical projects within an agile team
- Experience collaborating with senior technical staff across multiple projects and programmes
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Recent experience of hands-on server-side software development
- Ability to develop efficient and clear code and systems
- Experience of incorporating operational and infrastructure concerns when architecting systems
- Experience of architecting for simplicity and operability in cloud and/or PaaS environments
- Familiarity with DevOps and continuous iterative delivery principles
For more information contact email@example.com