Senior Java Developer
Are you an experienced Java Developer? Are you on the market for a new long term contract? If the answer to both of these is yes then this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
My client, a Central Government Body, is looking for an experienced Java Developer to deliver benefits of a products and services portfolio. A typical product offering is a web portal to enable visualisation of aviation data to enable weather-based decision making amongst UK aviation stakeholders. You must have experience working in an Agile environment providing cloud based solutions.
You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary user-focused digital delivery team, within a wider programme of work across the Business Group and will work closely with the solution architect and other team members to design and develop a service/solution.
In order to be successful you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Proven ability of developing robust and serviceable enterprise level code across a good number of projects, using Agile methodologies
- At least 5 years' experience of coding in Java, Python or full stack web
- At least 2 years' experience and working knowledge of AWS services including EC2, EBS, RDS, S3, Glacier, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Config, SES, SNS, SQS, IAM, VPC, and KMS
- Experience of Testing Frameworks
- Experience in working Agile methodologies, TDD (Test Driven Development) and CI & CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery)
- Excellent communication skills enabling team focus and interaction with all project stakeholders
- Ability to prepare and present complex technical subjects to different levels of audiences
This is a twelve month contract based in Exeter and will require you to be SC cleared. If you don't already hold valid SC clearance you can start the work with Basic Clearance.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply