Product Owner, Assure/Connect/Connect+
The successful candidate will report to the ESN Product Owner on the Programme. They will be accountable for their own work and have responsibility for the following:
- Lead the gathering and development of detailed customer requirements for the ESN products, new features, capabilities and specifications based on stakeholder input and customer behaviours.
- Develop product strategies. This will include the analysis of customer insight data, drawing conclusions from that data, and identifying themes to inform product strategies.
- Develop the Product Roadmap for the ESN products, identifying future direction and releases of new features/functionality
- Create and keep updated the development documents and artefacts as required by the Release Management Gating process
- Create compelling customer propositions for the ESN products to generate interest in, and demand for, the product(s)
- Work with colleagues across the programme on the development of suitable pricing strategies for the ESN products
- Work with the technical teams to ensure design and build meets the original requirements and the desired customer experience.
- Work with the programme’s Customer Engagement team to ensure that the ESN products are appropriately trialled, and that customer groups are prepared for product launch and roll-out. During the delivery phase, develop a pipeline of customers ready to adopt the product(s)
- Work with the programme’s Customer Engagement team on the promotion (marketing) strategy for the product(s)
- During and after the customer roll-out phase, interface with customers to understand the customer experience of newly launched products and support the resolution of any teething problems
- Champion the customer experience and ensure that technical and service delivery teams understand customer requirements and user behaviour, including any differences between customer groups
- Define, implement and manage Key Performance Indicators for the ESN product(s) – KPIs will cover financial, usage, technical, customer experience and customer satisfaction measures.
- Make sure the necessary business processes are followed and participate in the governance of the ESN Products, including acting as a point of escalation for the technical and service delivery teams where requirements can’t be met
- Escalate to the Product Owner where necessary
The following skills are required:
- Detailed knowledge of new product development processes. Experience of developing Product Strategies.
- Demonstrable experience of analysing customer data to generate customer insight, and translating that insight into Product Requirements
- Experience of influencing a broad array of stakeholders and balancing demands of multiple customer groups to ensure maximum value is delivered from products across diverse groups
- Ability to translate technical features to customer benefits
- The ability to build effective working relationships in a complex multi-stakeholder environment and demonstrable experience of product management within such environments
- Demonstrable evidence of roles with a strong customer focus; ability to describe what makes a good customer experience.
- Gathering, analysing, and managing complex information and expressing it to a range of stakeholders and audiences
- Attention to detail; able to ensure that all elements of a product design and launch have been considered; take ownership of the small details to ensure a brilliant customer experience
Experience of marketing or product management in a mobile network communications environment.
- Experience of working in or with Emergency Services organisations, or Cat 1 or 2 emergency responders
For inforamtion on this role contact firstname.lastname@example.org