IT security Consultant
Are you results driven? A strong conceptual thinker? Do you work well under pressure? Do you have team-oriented interpersonal skills and the ability to converse with a broad range of people? Netsource Solutions are seeking to hire an IT security Consultant for one of our Fortune 500 clients here in NEW YORK
- Identify information security weaknesses and/or gaps in the current operations
- Keep to and bring information security operations up to industry standards and on par with peer organizations
- Evaluate information security policies, processes, and technical controls through interviews, documentation reviews, and comprehensive technical assessments.
- Serve as an expert in clients Information Security offerings, policies, procedures and standards
- Contribute to the ongoing enhancement of the company’s vulnerability assessment capabilities through the development and implementation of improved methodology, processes, infrastructure, tools, and deliverables.
- Work collaboratively with leadership and team members to anticipate the client’s needs, creating solutions that will adhere to the business objectives.
- Create detailed risk assessment reports which explain identified security weaknesses, describe potential business risks, present prioritized recommendations for remediation, and estimate costs and effort levels for remediation.
- Ensure the delivery of information security services meets contract requirements and is consistent with any applicable standards and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the development and implementation of information security policies, strategies, procedures and settings to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of customer’s environment and data.
- Participate in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into processes and systems; evaluating new / emerging security products and technologies and making recommendations to customer leadership in regards to the security posture impact on the organization.
- Help to establish documentation standards by implementing system to collect and document technical policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of experience managing and consulting in Information Security
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with information security internal & external audits, governance and risk management, 3rd party risk assessments, contract compliance, and quality initiatives.
- Knowledge of security areas such as Auditing, Policy, Database Security, Firewall Design and Implementation, Risk Analysis, Identity Management, Access/Entitlements Management, or Web Services is very desirable.
- Experience researching, designing, engineering, implementing, and supporting information security & directory technology systems (both software & hardware).
- Certified Information Systems Security Professionals (CISSP) designation or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)